I came across another article that espouses keeping perfumes and other expensive scents in aluminum bottles and in the refrigerator.
This article from Healthmad.com suggests the following:
- keep the perfumes in their original boxes or
- store them in aluminum bottles and
- store the aluminum bottles in the refrigerator at between 37-45 degrees Fahrenheit
- use aluminum bottles of the same capacity as the original packaging so that there is little space between the liquid and the lid
- use a spray head to minimize contact with the outside air
For the spray head, something like our white spray pump would do very well. Just get one of our cosmetic aluminum bottles, transfer the perfume, attach the spray head, and then stick the bottle in the fridge.
It won’t look as pretty as a custom designed aluminum perfume bottle such as the gorgeous gold bottle we developed for Fragonard.
Then again, if you’re paying big bucks for your scents, you might as well make sure they last. Using an aluminum bottle seems a very small price to pay.