It appears that the Bellini aluminum bottle with the peach-colored design actually won the Oscar from the Istituto Italiano Imballaggio.
It’s a beautifully designed and decorated bottle, much better than the aluminum gray bottle I showed in my previous post.
I copied the explanation below from the blog of Casa Vinicola Canella for their choice of aluminum:
“So what are the features of the new Bellini aluminum bottle you may ask?
- it is enviromental friendly (aluminium can be endlessly recycled)
- it is unbreakable (it’s perfect for beaches, boats and public gatherings)
- it is light-weight
- thanks to the aluminium bottling , Bellini is protected from light
- the aluminium allows the products to cool off much quicker
- the label doesn’t come off in the ice bucket
- it comes in a 250cl bottle, so it contains 50cl more than a regular glass bottle
- the product is identical to the one in glass i.e. 2 parts of sparkling wine, one part of juice and pulp of real white peaches.”
I couldn’t have said it better myself.